-
March 19th, 2006, 10:57 PM
#11
HB Forum Owner
I don't use eBay, so I tend to hold on to dolls for a lifetime. However, I had a non-AG doll for quite a few years and never really treasured it. After a while, I finally decided to offer it to anyone who paid shipping on it. A lady purchased the doll and was SO thrilled she even sent me pictures of the doll in his new home. I never regretted selling the doll. I also gave away two AGTs that I'd had for about 10 years each.
Just be sure you really think about it a lot. If you truly don't want your Kirsten doll and never really felt attached to the doll, you won't regret it for a moment. It felt freeing for me not only to get rid of the three dolls, but also to realize they went to good owners who will treasure them.
Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
March 19th, 2006, 11:08 PM
#12
Inactive Member
For the last two months I've been liquidating my My Little Pony collection, which I had only started summer of 2003, and I have yet to regret it. I said the money would only be for doll things, but I have used the money for a few little things here and there as well, and now am redecorating my bedroom with it too. Still not regretting it! And when they're all gone, I have Addy, Chiyo, Morgaine and Gwenyhnfar, plus a newly done "adult" type bedroom to remember them fondly by! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
To me the dolls are different, though, because even my collector Barbies have little personalities, even if I rarely handle them. My American Girls have alot of personality between what I've given them and most of them having book stories behind them! When I go through a period where I'm not all about AG, they look beautiful on the shelf and are waiting for me to get interested again! I've always collected something, but I think dolls are going to be the one that will last a lifetime, since you can go so many avenues with dolls! I started with American Girl, and now I'm also onto Barbie, Bratz, and Carpatina! And with an infinite amount of possiblities, I know I'll be able to keep finding new interest in this hobby even twenty years from now!
And now I am rambling, lol. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
#13
Inactive Member
(Not to take things off-topic, but I gave away my MLPs maybe 10 years ago, and I got rid of a few too many. I let myself with I think just 4 (one of which was my brother's). I DID make personalities for most of them, so it was a mistake; I should've liquidated some but kept about 10, I think. (I wound up later buying several ponies I'd never even had before on eBay...and now I'm looking to get rid of THEM because they never held any emotional value!!!!))
So as you can see, I don't have anything against keeping some toys indefinitely--but I find it easy to get blinded by dollar signs when I'm dealing with an AG doll.
Anyway, I'm definitely going to wait on it. Kirsten is waiting patiently in a chair for me to buy a wig brush (or dog comb [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) so I can fix her hair up. I still enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts/advice on the matter, and I will keep everyone updated with my progress (and someday, pictures) as well. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
March 21st, 2006, 02:39 AM
#14
Inactive Member
Hi there and welcome to the board! I have only been on here a few weeks, but am already addicted!
Here is my advice. I didn't really need the money either, but had my AGOT in storage and was really attached to my historical dolls more. So after a post on here and many kind replies, I decided to sell her and her clothes. She is currently in a box, in my room, ready to be shipped out to a loving new home! I don't regret it at all since I felt she was not being given the kind of love my other historical dolls were being given.
The decision is completely yours, but if you decide to sell her, consider posting her on here first, that way you KNOW she will go to a loving home!
Hope this helps!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks